July 6, 2021
Marketing & Communications Intern
Duration: August 2021 - February 2022
Clean Energy Economy Minnesota (CEEM) is seeking a Marketing & Communications Intern to assist with growing our organization’s communication work across multiple channels and our engagement with the clean energy business community statewide.
This role will focus on assisting the Director of Communications and Public Affairs and Digital Marketing Manager with social media, including creating original and engaging graphics and sourcing news and other content to post, website maintenance and storytelling in the form of blogs, newsletters, and press releases. The candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as experience in writing for multiple platforms for different audiences. This position will report to the Director of Communications and Public Affairs.
The ideal candidate will have strong time management skills and the ability to work remotely, strong writing skills, experience writing for social media, graphic design skills, advanced analytical skills, an interest in working in the communications sector and/or an interest in clean energy, and a keen eye for detail.
The role will be part-time (20 hrs/wk), with preference for the intern to stay on through the first half of 2022. The starting pay for this part-time position is $15 an hour. This position will be based in the Twin Cities and offers a flexible work environment with ability to work remotely. Reimbursement for public transit will be provided.
This internship will provide a unique opportunity for a graduate or undergraduate student to play a pivotal role as part of an emerging, industry-led nonprofit organization while building critical communications skills that will prove useful in any industry.
● Creating content for CEEM's social media channels including:
o Sourcing relevant news articles to share
o Creating original content from CEEM’s library of content
o Creating original and engaging graphics
o Engaging with our audiences across platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram)
o Analyzing CEEM social media effectiveness and reporting on monthly metrics
● Maintaining CEEM’s website (WordPress) by adding blogs, newsletters, and other content as needed with all SEO techniques in mind
● Monitor website traffic/analytics and develop monthly reports to gauge trends
● Assist with creating and uploading content into the layout for monthly newsletter (using Mailchimp)
● Comfort and experience with the following social media platforms: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram
● Graphic design skills (using Canva or the Adobe Suite)
● Comfort and experience with WordPress
● Strong attention to detail
● Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
● Excellent writing skills
● Highly motivated and flexible self-starter with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
● Ability to travel statewide on a periodic basis
● Strong interest in working in communications and/or clean energy policy
Interested candidates please email cover letter, resume, and one reference to: Amelia Cerling Hennes at Ahennes@cleanenergyeconomymn.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to applicants submitting before 11:59 p.m. Central Time on Friday, July 23, 2021. Please put ‘CEEM Marketing and Communications Intern’ in the subject line. Ideally, the selected candidate would begin work no later than September 7, 2021.
Clean Energy Economy Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CEEM does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, creed, gender, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline, and termination.