Clean Energy Economy MN (CEEM) is seeking a Senior Manager of Membership Engagement to foster strong, dynamic relationships with our 50+ energy efficiency and clean energy business members. In addition, the Senior Manager will plan and execute key events and represent the organization’s interest across multiple stakeholder groups and in a variety of venues. This role is responsible for nurturing and growing a diverse membership base that is at the heart of Minnesota’s clean energy economy. A dedication to accelerating the clean energy transition and/or sustainability is a must.
We are seeking a strategic leader with a visionary mindset who is adept at identifying and setting strategic goals but is also an active participant in the day-to-day operational work required to bring those visions to fruition. The right candidate for this position will also excel at building and maintaining trusted relationships with existing and potential members, key stakeholders, and community partners. Their ability to identify and engage with decision-makers in relevant technology sectors will be crucial for CEEM’s work in hastening Minnesota transition to an equitable and prosperous clean energy future. This role is integral to enhancing our member experience and ensuring the organization’s voice is asserted within and across broader coalitions and groups.
This role will report to CEEM’s Managing Director and will also work closely alongside the organization’s other primary functions including communications and government affairs. The best candidate for this role will demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, successful experience in fostering and building relationships across diverse stakeholders and alliances, and superior project management skills with demonstrated outcomes and impact.
The annual salary range for this full-time position is $70,000 – $85,000 USD commensurate with experience. It includes a full benefits package. This position will be based in the Twin Cities and offers a flexible work environment with the ability to work from home.
Membership and Community Engagement (60%)
- Lead strategy development and execution to maintain and grow member support, interaction, and satisfaction.
- Regularly engage and coordinate with existing and prospective members through various platforms, including face-to-face meetings, phone calls, emails, and digital platforms.
- Collect and analyze feedback from members to inform organizational priorities, improvements, policy strategies, and event programming.
- Address member inquiries, opportunities, concerns, and suggestions in a timely and effective manner.
- Facilitate the integration of new members into the organization, ensuring they feel welcomed and oriented.
- Lead identification and creation of member case studies while ensuring coordination with CEEM’s communications department, showcasing members’ technologies and the business case for Minnesota’s clean energy transition.
- Serve as lead point of contact for various domestic and international delegations as well as stakeholder tables, ensuring CEEM’s positions and interests are represented and accurately communicated.
- Lead strategic dialogue with external delegations and stakeholders, building mutually beneficial relationships for all parties involved.
- Anticipate and monitor industry trends, opportunities, and challenges discussed, leading to recommendations that inform the organization’s current and future goals and objectives.
- Actively participate in and across various venues, showcasing our organization’s commitment to collaborative efforts while advancing CEEM’s mission, strategic priorities, and policies.
Event Planning and Execution (25%)
- Lead and execute a strategic vision for CEEM’s annual programming that identifies opportunities to showcase member expertise as well as offer new educational and networking opportunities.
- Develop, coordinate, and present key annual reports and market intelligence while identifying engagement opportunities with members and diverse stakeholder audiences.
- Plan, organize, and execute member events, ensuring each event aligns with CEEM’s objectives.
- Collaborate with relevant teams and stakeholders for event logistics, marketing, and content creation.
- Gather post-event feedback to continuously improve and refine event experiences.’
Administrative and Operations (15%)
- Oversee the optimization and utilization of business intelligence tools including CEEM’s CRM system to track and improve strategic relationships and interactions.
- Effectively manage annual events and programming budget.
- Proactively participate and help implement internal policies and practices that drive team and organizational excellence.
- Strong commitment to CEEM’s mission and organizational goals
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of related experience or equivalent combination
- A track record of success driving business and organizational growth through strategic partnerships, lead generation, and relationship management.
- Knowledge of federal, regional, state, and local policymaking and politics with an understanding of how they impact the development and implementation of educational strategies and stakeholder outreach.
- Extensive experience working at the nexus of business and policy.
- Experience managing cross-functional teams, including assigning tasks, setting priorities, and ensuring project objectives are met.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities to design and execute unique and memorable events while also managing the event budget, negotiating with vendors, and strong attention to detail to ensure all aspects of each event are well-coordinated.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, navigate, and prioritize a large volume of work and multiple deadlines.
- Ability to manage conflict and tension around particular issues involving the energy transition and politics.
- Proactive, strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional writing, public speaking, and organizational skills.
- Be an ambitious self-starter and a good team member.
- Proficient with MS Office suite, Adobe, monday.com, and Zoom
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends is required.
- Moderate travel is required.
- Must pass a background check.
- Starting annual salary range: $70,000 – $85,000 USD commensurate with experience
- Full benefits package
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid work environment
How to Apply
Not sure you meet all the qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Interested candidates, please email a one-page cover letter and resume to: CEEM@cleanenergyeconomymn.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to applicants submitting before 11:59 p.m. Central Time on Friday, October 20, 2023. Please put ‘Senior Manager of Membership Engagement’ in the subject line. Ideally, the selected candidate would begin work no later than December 1, 2023.
Clean Energy Economy Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CEEM does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, creed, gender, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline, and termination.
About Clean Energy Economy Minnesota
CEEM is an industry-led 501(c)(3) nonprofit representing the business case for clean energy in Minnesota. CEEM provides a unified voice for clean energy business across the state. Our mission is to provide educational leadership, collaboration, and policy analysis that accelerates clean energy market growth and smart energy policies. For more information, visit www.cleanenergyeconomymn.org.