Hiring: Manager of Marketing and Communications
Small Team, Big Impact:
Clean Energy Economy MN (CEEM) educates Minnesotans and policymakers about the significant economic opportunities provided by clean, reliable, and affordable energy. The Manager of Marketing and Communications will flex creative and strategic expertise on a tight-knit team where contributions are directly visible and make a significant impact on our mission.
Reporting to CEEM’s Managing Director, the Manager of Marketing and Communications will lead CEEM’s marketing and communications strategy and efforts. From developing annual goals across channels to executing on tactics and special projects, this position plays a critical role in advancing CEEM’s mission. The role encompasses the following areas, supported by the full team as well as short-term intern positions and external resources as needed:
- Content (60%): This position is responsible for developing a suite of relevant and engaging content for social media, one-pagers, blogs, newsletters, reports, storytelling videos and more to share the story of clean energy business with various audiences. This position will ensure CEEM’s brand and voice are strong and consistent on every platform. Through exceptional writing and with the ability to tailor messages for various audiences, you will work with the team to maintain CEEM’s “best in class” content.
- Events (10%): You will work with CEEM’s Sr. Manager of Membership Engagement to develop a calendar of events that engage our members and other stakeholders to promote the clean energy business community. Exceptional organizational skills, creativity, and project management experience will be required to plan messaging and recruitment campaigns that increase event registration and participation. You will also assist with day-of event execution as needed.
- Website (10%): This position oversees the CEEM website on WordPress and the Clean Energy Business Day website on Wix. This position will be responsible for maintaining up-to-date content and technology for each site, ensuring a smooth and consistent user experience.
- Project Management (10%): Throughout the year, CEEM publishes reports and video projects that require engagement from members and business partners. This position will utilize project management skills to align groups and execute on tasks working in close coordination with CEEM’s Sr. Manager of Membership Engagement to ensure projects are completed on time, on budget, and to the highest standards.
- Public Relations (5%): In collaboration with CEEM’s Managing Director, this position is responsible for securing media coverage of CEEM and its members. This position will develop relationships with journalists, craft press releases, media advisories, and pitching strategies to promote CEEM and its members to a wider audience.
- Strategy (5%): This position will be responsible for creating and guiding CEEM’s marketing and communications strategy to ensure consistent growth. You will gather and utilize data from all platforms to create the KPIs that will be executed on throughout the year. Through a thoughtful organic and paid strategy and a forward-thinking approach, you will keep CEEM on the right track, monitoring for threats and opportunities in the ever-changing digital world.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Strong commitment to CEEM’s mission and organizational goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or similar.
- 3+ years of experience in a marketing or communications role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to match brand voice and tone.
- Demonstrated writing experience in a variety of formats and for different audiences, including website copy, blogs, social media, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the content and technology of websites.
- Experience managing social media presence including X, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube and scheduling posts using Sprout Social or similar platform.
- Experience writing and drafting email newsletters in Mailchimp or similar platform.
- Experience with graphics development in Adobe Creative Suite, Canva or similar platform.
- Experience gathering data from Google Analytics and social platforms and using it to formulate strategy and make recommendations.
- Ability to represent the organization well in working groups and at events.
- Ability to work independently, utilizing solid judgment and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize amongst a large volume of work, effectively manage multiple priorities, and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong project management skills and highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to proactively identify opportunities as well as react quickly to urgent needs.
- Be both an ambitious self-starter and a good team member.
- Ability to work with diverse teams, stakeholders and personalities while nurturing relationships.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends is required.
- Must pass a background check.
- Energy industry and/or nonprofit experience.
- Familiarity with the Minnesota legislative process and political landscape.
- Experience using WordPress and Wix and SEO best practices for both.
- Experience utilizing GA4, Monday.com and Zoom.
- Starting annual salary range: $65,000 – $75,000 USD dependent on experience
- Full benefits package
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid work environment (Twin Cities based, with the ability to work from home)
How to Apply: Interested candidates please email a one-page cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to: CEEM@cleanenergyeconomymn.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to applicants submitting before 11:59 p.m. Central Time on January 12, 2024. Please put ‘CEEM Manager of Marketing and Communications” in the subject line.
Not sure you meet all the qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Clean Energy Economy Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CEEM does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, creed, gender, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline, and termination.
About Clean Energy Economy Minnesota
CEEM is an industry-led 501(c)(3) nonprofit representing the business case for clean energy in Minnesota. CEEM provides a unified voice for clean energy business across the state. Our mission is to provide educational leadership, collaboration, and policy analysis that accelerates clean energy market growth and smart energy policies. For more information, visit www.cleanenergyeconomymn.org.