August 8, 2018
Clean Energy Economy Minnesota (CEEM) is seeking a Director, Policy and Public Affairs to serve as an advocate and liaison for the organization to key industry stakeholders, as well as, elected officials, community leaders, and policymakers. This individual will monitor and analyze legislative and regulatory developments on state and federal issues and communicate and advise on issue status and potential impact to the organization. Reporting directly to CEEM’s Executive Director, this person will be a strategic thinker who looks several moves ahead and develops and implements strategies to ensure CEEM’s organizational interests are advanced in legislation and regulatory policy work.
- Track and analyze state and federal legislative and regulatory activities impacting energy efficiency and clean energy businesses
- Develop and implement education and advocacy strategies to advance CEEM’s business priorities by: using campaign approaches, building coalitions and engaging other voices to support business objectives
- Effectively communicate CEEM’s polices and represent its interests before local, regional, state, and federal officials and staff
- Educate and advocate for CEEM’s position on key issues
- Communicate personally with local, regional, state, and federal officials and staff in a professional, informed manner with respect to issues affecting CEEM and the energy efficiency and clean energy industry
- Develop and deliver positive outcomes on policy goals
- Drive and/or modify model state and federal legislation as well as a wide variety of education and policy position white papers, testimony, talking points, and related materials; assist in state and federal educational initiatives as needed; collaborate with similar industry trade associations and organizations
- Work successfully with a variety of key stakeholders throughout Minnesota
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience, with expert knowledge of energy efficiency and clean energy industry coupled with 5+ years of experience in public policy, government affairs, or a related role within an energy efficiency or clean energy business organization, professional, trade group, or federal or state government
- Demonstrated ability to navigate and prioritize a large volume of work
- Ability to understand the wider business context, translate complex technical issues and communicate simply and powerfully
- Exceptional communication skills in public and private settings both in presentation and written formats
- Experience in planning and executing education/advocacy campaigns
- Ability to interpret and analyze political developments, policy and legislative proposals
- Ability to write briefings, correspondence, and policy papers
- Ability to design and deliver pragmatic, fit-for-purpose strategies in line with the organization’s priorities and business strategy
Interested candidates please email cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Gregg Mast, email@example.com.
About Clean Energy Economy Minnesota
Clean Energy Economy Minnesota (CEEM) is an industry-led, nonprofit with a mission to provide educational leadership, collaboration, and policy analysis that accelerates clean energy market growth and smart energy policies. CEEM works across the private and public sectors providing a leading voice regarding clean energy technology matters, convening leaders to advance marketplace innovations, conducting authoritative industry research and analysis, and communicating information to the public and key stakeholders on behalf of the clean energy industry. For more information, see www.cleanenergyeconomymn.org.