Hiring: Communications Intern: Content Research & Writing
Clean Energy Economy Minnesota (CEEM) is seeking an intern to assist with growing our organization’s communication work across multiple channels and our engagement with the clean energy business community statewide.
This role will focus on assisting the Senior Manager of Communications with content writing and management. The content will focus on connecting with and researching clean energy businesses, projects, technology, and policy. The intern will then use that knowledge to write content that will be used across multiple channels, primarily on the website, newsletter and social media. The candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as experience in writing for multiple platforms for different audiences. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Communications.
The ideal candidate will have strong time management skills and the ability to work remotely, strong writing skills, experience writing for social media, advanced analytical skills, an interest in working in the communications sector and/or an interest in clean energy, and a keen eye for detail.
The role will be part-time (up to 15 hrs/wk). The starting pay for this part-time position is $18 an hour. This position will be based in the Twin Cities and offers a flexible work environment with ability to work remotely. Reimbursement for public transit will be provided.
This internship will provide a unique opportunity for a graduate or undergraduate student to play a pivotal role as part of an emerging, industry-led nonprofit organization while building critical communications skills that will prove useful in any industry.
- Brainstorming, researching and writing informative, up-to-date content for CEEM’s blog with all SEO techniques in mind
- Networking with CEEM’s business members and network of industry experts to source topics, stories and projects to feature in content
- Repurposing blog content to be featured in newsletters, social media and printed materials
- Creating promotional plans for distributing content and encouraging readership and engagement with each piece
- Monitor website traffic/analytics and develop reports to gauge content trends
- Assist with creating and uploading content into the website
- Excellent research and writing skills using APA style
- Comfort and experience with the following social media platforms: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram
- Comfort and experience with WordPress
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Highly motivated and flexible self-starter with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Strong interest in working in communications and/or clean energy policy
Interested candidates please email cover letter, resume, and one reference to: Tiffanie Connelly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled; Please put ‘CEEM Content Intern’ in the subject line. Ideally, the selected candidate would begin work in May, 2023 and work with us for 12 weeks, which can be flexible based on availability.
Clean Energy Economy Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CEEM does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, creed, gender, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline, and termination.