Hiring: Communications and Marketing Intern
Internship duration: June-August, 2019
Clean Energy Economy Minnesota is seeking a Communications and Marketing Intern to work in Minneapolis, MN and support communications engagement with the clean energy business community statewide.
This role will focus on amplifying positive clean energy success stories across the state through a wide variety of avenues; traditional press releases, blog research and writing, social media, newsletters and press relationship development. Likewise, this intern will work on any special projects that arise throughout the summer that could include photography or videography work across the state, graphic design projects, website traffic management, and clean energy issue area policy research. This intern will work directly with the Manager of Communications and Marketing to help strengthen CEEM’s position as a go-to source of clean energy information.
The ideal candidate will have strong writing skills, an interest in working in the communications sector, graphic design skills, advanced analytical skills, an interest in clean energy, and a keen eye for detail. The role will be part-time (20 hrs/wk), with preference for the intern to stay on through the remainder of the year. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Reimbursement for public transit will be provided. This internship will provide a unique opportunity for a graduate or undergraduate student to play a pivotal role as part of an emerging, industry-led non-profit organization while building critical communications skills that will prove useful in any industry.
- Researching and writing relevant content for CEEM website
- Updating website with relevant and timely clean energy news stories
- Creating content for CEEM’s social media channels
- Analyzing CEEM social media effectiveness
- Monitor website traffic/analytics and develop monthly reports to gauge trends
- Assist with creating content and design layout for monthly newsletter (using Mailchimp)
- Create graphics for social media use and policy documents as-needed
- May assist with event planning as-needed
- May assist with clean energy issue area policy research
- Comfort and experience with the following social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Highly-motivated and flexible self-starter with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to travel statewide on a periodic basis
- Strong interest in working in communications and/or clean energy policy
Interested candidates please email cover letter, resume, and three references to: Amelia Cerling Hennes at email@example.com.
About Clean Energy Economy Minnesota (CEEM): CEEM is an industry-led, non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening Minnesota’s clean energy business ecosystem. CEEM provides a unified voice for clean energy business across the state. Our mission is to provide educational leadership, collaboration, and policy analysis that accelerates clean energy market growth and smart energy policies. For more information, visit www.cleanenergyeconomymn.org