A unified clean energy business voice
Founded in 2016, Clean Energy Economy MN (CEEM) provides the business voice for energy efficiency and clean energy in Minnesota. As an industry-led, nonprofit organization we promote the business case for energy efficiency and clean energy to drive innovation and expand market opportunities.
CEEM has more than 40 member-businesses ranging from start-up businesses to Fortune 100 and 500 corporations that employ thousands of Minnesotans across the state. CEEM works across industries and between the aisle to support a prosperous clean energy economy for all Minnesotans. If you are interested in joining our expanding group of clean energy champions, visit our membership opportunities page to learn more.
Building a clean energy economy
CEEM Works To:
Support and expand clean energy jobs and the economic opportunities provided by clean, reliable, and affordable energy
Track and share information about policy at the state and federal level that impacts clean energy businesses
Gather, analyze and share clean energy data to educate lawmakers, businesses and the public about how clean energy benefits Minnesota
Promote the voices of clean energy business at the Capitol
History of CEEM
- 2016 - CEEM is founded by business leaders in the state’s clean energy industry to fill a gap in the clean energy space and Gregg Mast is appointed as Executive Director.
- 2017 - CEEM grows, adding a Business Development and Programs Manager and a Marketing and Communications Manager position to the team joining its Executive Director and Director of Policy and Public Affairs. CEEM holds its inaugural Clean Energy Business Day at the Capitol and works successfully with the Minnesota Legislature to extend and increase funding for the state’s Solar*Rewards Program.
- 2018 - CEEM unveils new digital storytelling project highlighting the faces of clean energy, Names Behind the Numbers | Minnesota. CEEM also participates in its first year of candidate education, convening business roundtables with multiple candidates for Minnesota Governor and serving as a trusted resource in providing clean energy policy direction and guidance.
- 2019 - CEEM successfully works to educate lawmakers on bipartisan legislation that passes the Minnesota Legislature and is signed into law by Governor Walz. This includes energy storage and commercial property assessed clean energy (C-PACE).
- 2020 - CEEM grows again, adding a Social Media and Marketing Specialist position to the team. CEEM’s policy education efforts at the Minnesota Legislature ensures critical sector worker exemption for the state’s clean energy industry during the COVID-19 pandemic and increases funding for the Renewable Development Account.
A signature program of CEEM, Grid Catalyst involves a network of partners that possess decades of experience in clean energy development, integrating renewables and innovation into utility and energy systems, and experience launching and supporting energy businesses across the sector.
Board of Directors
Northland Securities (Retired)
Linn Grove Ventures
Dr. Tariq Samad
Honeywell/W.R. Sweatt Chair at the Technological Leadership Institute at the University of Minnesota
Schulze School of Entrepreneurship, University of St. Thomas (formerly)